Ryanair strikes continue in Spain as the cabin crew union just announced their plan to strike 1 day per week until January 2023 if their working conditions don’t change. Flights disruptions are to be expected for air travellers all across Europe.
Ryanair strikes in Spain — Why does it keep happening?
Since June 2022, the Spanish Ryanair cabin crew have been on strike for 18 days.
Because Ryanair is not respecting the Spanish workers' rights, Ryanair Spanish cabin crew are striking for their rights: 22 days of leave and 14 statutory holidays, implementing the Spanish health and safety law and raising wages to pre-coronavirus levels.
Strikes will continue until Ryanair starts to respect and acknowledge those rights.
Here is what you should know about Ryanair strikes in Spain
According to the striking unions, the Spanish Ryanair cabin crew will be striking once a week from August 8 until January 7.
Here is some additional information:
- Strikes won’t happen on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, allowing the air passengers to travel peacefully during the weekends.
- The Spanish law forces the Spanish Ryanair workers to provide minimum services during those days. Even though flights will be disrupted, cancellation rates should become minimum.
Ryanair strikes in Spain — What should I do if my flight is delayed or cancelled?
As an air passenger, you have rights, and European and British regulations protect those rights.
In the event of an airline strike, those regulations state that:
- If your flight is delayed by more than 3 hours — you are entitled to flight compensation up to £520 per passenger.
- If your flight is cancelled fewer than 14 days before departure — you are entitled to flight compensation.
- If your flight is cancelled and you did not take an alternative flight — you are entitled to flight compensation AND the monetary refund of your flight, don’t settle for vouchers!
The flight compensation amount depends on the distance of your flight:
How to claim flight compensation for my delayed or cancelled Ryanair flight?
Uploading all your documents on our website will only take a few minutes, and our experts will take it from there, doing all the work for you and increasing your chances of getting flight compensation!